Lyman’s company description says it all: “innovative tools for serious shooters and reloaders.” If you are one of those people, you would know that cleaning your brass cases is a habit that not only ensures safety, but is also the mark of a diligent gun owner.
But a lot of gun enthusiasts would agree that cleaning brass is a tedious task especially if you do it one by one, which is usually the case among those who do not want to invest money on a tumbler. If you finally decide it’s time to buy a tumbler, or if you want to upgrade your existing one, then consider the Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner.
Using ultrasonic cleaning technology, the Turbo Sonic allows the shooter to clean his cases from the inside out in just around 10 minutes. For better results, use it together with the Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaning Solution. Together, they will deliver superior results and you will notice your fired cases and primer pockets free from carbon, dirt, and virtually any other residue.
Features at a glance
|Ease of use|
- The all-purpose ultrasonic cleaner comes with a heated tank and plastic basket
- Cleans up to 900 9mm cases at the same time
- Targets dirt, carbon, as well as any residue on fired cases and their primer pockets
- Can be used to clean other brass items such as jewelry plus other gun parts (there is even an entirely different solution for steel and stainless parts)
- Easy to operate timer displayed on an LCD screen
- All-in-one tumbler and heater removes the need for other equipment
- Heats up quickly
- Sleek, portable, and durable design
- Does not make a lot of noise
- One cycle is not enough to get all the dirt out
- One cycle can only be set to a maximum of 8 minutes
- The small design can only fit small handguns
Features of the Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner
The Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner is the latest technology in ultrasonic cleaning which is safe and easy to use. You simply place your cases in a large 2.5 liter tank which can heat up to 80 oz. or 2600 ml of water using 160 watts of consumption power. Your cases are protected inside a durable plastic basket which was built to withstand 42,000 Hz of ultrasonic frequency. You can choose between 5 digitally timed cleaning cycles (180s, 280s, 380s, 480s, 90s) to suit your needs. Its powerful transducer ensures effective cleaning while its circuit protector and cooling fan protect the unit from damage.
|Tank Capacity||2.5 Liter (2.6 Quart)|
|Tank Size||25.0 x 15 x 8 cm (9.8" x 5.9" x 3.1")|
|Tank Build Material||Stainless Steel Tank|
|Heating Temperature||Up to 150ºF.|
The customer reviews on the Turbo Sonic’s Amazon page consist majorly of positive ones, with 59% giving it 5 stars, and 21% giving it 4. What users appreciate about it is that the manufacturer delivered on what was promised.
What to expect
The Lyman Turbo Sonic Case Cleaner is an affordable way to clean your brass cases thoroughly, including primer pockets. Although you would need to run your cases 2-3 times if you want optimal cleaning, all the hard work will be done by this product. You only have to pour in the water and solution, set the timer, drop in your cases, but after that, let the Turbo Sonic do the rest. In the end, your cases will come out clean and shiny, and ready for reloading.